from The Century Dictionary.
- Sleep-preventing; causing wakefulness.
- noun In medicine, something which tends to drive away sleep; an antihypnotic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun Anything which prevents sleep, or produces wakefulness, as strong tea or coffee.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective medicine Preventing
sleep; causing wakefulness; insomniac.
- noun medicine A
medicationthat prevents sleep.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective of or pertaining to agrypnia
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.