from The Century Dictionary.
- Resisting external poison; obviating the effects of venom.
- noun An antidote to poison or infection, especially an external application.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Med.) Resisting poison; obviating the effects of venom; alexipharmic.
- noun (Med.) A preservative against contagious and infectious diseases, and the effects of poison in general.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun medicine A
preservativeagainst infectious diseases.
- noun A preservative against the effects of
- adjective Resisting poison, or the effects of
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I think they call alexiteric water, and which is said to be very beneficial in cases of the distemper; and she was able to crawl upstairs after a while to her bed once more, where I put her.