from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An antidote to poison.
- adj. Acting against poison.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Expelling or counteracting poison; antidotal.
- n. An antidote against poison or infection; a counterpoison.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Acting as a means of warding off disease; acting as a remedy; prophylactic.
- Having the power of warding off the effects of poison taken inwardly; antidotal.
- n. An antidote to poison or infection, especially an internal antidote.
From the Ancient Greek alexein ("to ward off") and pharmakon ("drug"). (Wiktionary)