from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See phycology.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The branch of botany dealing with algae.
- n. The medical treatment of pain as practiced in Greece and Turkey.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The study or science of algæ or seaweeds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A branch of botany treating of algæ; phycology.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of botany that studies algae
alg(a) + -logy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin alga (Wiktionary)
From Ancient Greek άλγος (álgos, "algo-, pain") -λογία (-logía, "-logy, branch of study") (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.