from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The name of a person, usually a historical person, assumed by a writer.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A name other than the true one; an alias; a pseudonym.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The name of another person assumed by the author of a work.
- noun A work published under the name of some one other than the author.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun the name of another person taken by an author as a pen name. Compare
- noun a work published under a name that is not that of the author.
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[French allonyme : Greek allos, other; see allo– + Greek onoma, name; see nŏ̄-men- in Indo-European roots.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From French allonyme, allo- + -nym.