from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. One who studies early typography.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.

  • Tell sashamamd!

    October 11, 2008

  • Okay, I just saw this in the dictionary (looking for something else entirely), and mentally pronounced it "ARCH-etty-pist."

    That was really disconcerting.

    (Definition, BTW, is "one who studies early typography." Only usage given is 1881. OED)

    October 11, 2008

  • I love this! What a needed neologism.

    April 4, 2007