from The Century Dictionary.
- Pertaining to or characterized by asyndeton.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Characterized by the use of asyndeton; not connected by conjunctions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective grammar Not connected by a
- adjective psychiatry Relating to
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective lacking conjunctions
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The clause (v. 10) lo 'yakhul, etc., is asyndetic, expressing result; the imperfect is a yaqtul concomitans (K.S. 152).
To those of us who like to follow a "more careful, deliberate adherence to ... syntax," the use of the asyndetic relative clause affords a degree of satisfaction.
And there I was pleasantly surprised to find that the asyndetic relative clause (the name of the clause in question) is not only an "old primitive construction" (not simply a clause with an omitted pronoun), but that it is a "good natural English expression ... performing its function with elegant simplicity" (Curme's Syntax, p. 234).