from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Automatic pilot.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mechanical, electrical, or hydraulic system used to guide a vehicle without assistance from a human being.
- n. A state of mind where one no longer thinks about doing his actions, he just does them seemingly as a second nature
- v. To pilot itself; to drive or travel automatically.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a device that automatically keeps ships or planes or spacecraft on a steady course.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cognitive state in which you act without self-awareness
- n. a navigational device that automatically keeps ships or planes or spacecraft on a steady course
Latter today I will create an excel file for you that you can input the keyword autopilot changes into.
It can processes habitual behaviors like driving a familiar route at a lower level of consciousness--"autopilot"--while you're paying focused attention to what your friend's saying over the phone.
Yeah, I know it’s technical, but that’s what autopilot is for … he doesn’t really have to fly.
Abby Sunderland wrote on her blog Saturday that it would be "foolish and irresponsible" to keep going after losing use of her boat's main autopilot.
Kode Klock cannot be used on autopilot, which is one of the reasons that it works so well.
But both parties have to do the rehearsal to get to that "autopilot" point.
Granted tax rates can be increased but the actuaries make their projections by assuming the program will remain on 'autopilot' for the next 75 years.
While that is significant in their world the effect of their inclination to wastefullness is swamped by the much larger effects of 'autopilot' spending and taxing and a growing economy.
Artists can use to the site to connect with collectors and other buyers and, says founder Sean Broihier, put the business side of their career on "autopilot," leaving them more time to create art.
How did our leaders go so very, very far astray, as if they had the government on some kind of autopilot button?