from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adverb Backward and forward; to and fro.
- adverb From side to side.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adverb From one place to another and back again.
- adjective Going from one place or position to another and back again.
- noun The movement (of someone or something)
forwardfollowed by a returnto the same position. May refer to a conceptsuch as an emotional stateor a relationshipas well as a physicalthing.
- noun idiomatic
Negotiationsor discussionsbetween two or more parties, a dialog.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adverb moving from one place to another and back again
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.