from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A subsidiary entrance to a building or house at its rear, normally away from the street.
- n. A means of access, often secret and unprotected, to something.
- n. A secret means of access to a program or system.
- n. The anus, generally used in reference to anal sex.
- adj. The path of a pitch which starts outside and then slides over the plate.
- v. To attempt to accomplish by indirect means, especially when direct means are proscribed.
- v. To enter a tube by accelerating from behind; to surf into an already formed hollow wave, in contrast to the normal method of slowing to allow a surfable wave to form.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A door in the back part of a building; hence, an indirect way.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a secret or underhand means of access (to a place or a position)
- n. an undocumented way to get access to a computer system or the data it contains
- n. an entrance at the rear of a building
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The back door was actually open, as if to let warm summer air filter into the kitchen, which had wooden countertops and a rosy red-tiled floor.
Reeta Canady heard the car turn into the driveway and was out the back door before Dawn could slide from behind the wheel.
He locked the back door and whistled for Artie, who came flying around the corner of the barn, a happy grin on his big, silly dog-face.
A back door opened to an alley but it was behind a large counter for cutting fabric, manned by two salesgirls who were busy with customers.
She was humming to herself when she entered the house by the back door with her armload of flowers.
Ebonee winked at him as he walked out the back door to wait by the gazebo for Deeva.
So, Walt Williams the head of the High-Speed Flight Station went out and found Neil and dragged him through the back door by his ear!
It took some careful managing to get Hetty and Minnie out of the back door on their way to the barn just as Charles Carey came up the front driveway and stopped at the front door.
I stared after the girl until she had disappeared through the back door of Pemberly, the tiff with Missy the Nostril Girl forgotten.
It didn't look like the back door to 109A had been opened in some time, which meant that the occupants of the building entered and left through the door on Main Street.