from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The wigeon of the Americas.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Lacking hair on the pate; shorn of hair.
- noun A person with a bald head.
- noun In ornithology, a kind of duck with white on the head; a widgeon, Mareca penelope and M. americana. See cut under
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Destitute of hair on the head; baldheaded.
- noun A baldheaded person.
- noun (Zoöl.) The American widgeon (
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
- noun A bird, the
American wigeon(Anas americana).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a person whose head is bald
- noun a widgeon the male of which has a white crown
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
In the Hand The male's white crown patch, which gives the bird the nickname "baldpate," is impossible to miss, but it can be indistinct until November.
Standing about four inches shorter than Stefàn, but more solidly built, he sported a shiny baldpate and his skin was the color of creamy peanut butter.
He was thin with a fringe of white hair around his ears and nothing on top but baldpate.
A paunchy fifty-four years old, he habitually wore a suit and bow tie, which went well with his toothbrush mustache and baldpate.
The American wigeon for example, is sometimes called a baldpate.
The big wigeon blocks have the baldpate down solid. ($45; 800-441-5713; www. llbean.com)
And therefore some of the comedians seem to lay aside their bitterness in every jest that may reflect upon themselves; as Aristophanes, when he is merry upon a baldpate; and Cratinus in his play
Urban Outfitters gear, with a Mr. Clean baldpate and earrings.
The don himself, baldpate, golden teeth, is the hero's surrogate dad.
This species can be identified easily by the white crown on its head, which has led to its nickname, "baldpate."