from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun One who bales, or makes up bales or bundles.
  • noun See bailer.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun A machine for creating bales, e.g., of hay or cotton.
  • noun A person who creates bales, either by operating or feeding such a machine, or by creating the bales by hand.


from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

From bale + -er.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.

  • A baler is a piece of farm machinery that is used to compress a cut and raked crop (such as hay or straw) into bales and bind the bales with twine. There are several different types of balers that are commonly used. Balers are also used in the material recycling facilities, primarily for baling plastic, paper or cardboard for transport to a recycling facility.


    February 4, 2008

  • Like the cardboard baler at work!

    Fill it with your flattened cardboard boxes, heave the door down, then push the button to compress it all.

    August 9, 2009