from The Century Dictionary.
- Kingly; royal.
- Of or pertaining to a basilica; basilican.
- noun A basilica (which see).
- noun In anatomy, the basilic vein. See I.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Royal; kingly; also, basilican.
- adjective (Anat.) Pertaining to certain parts, anciently supposed to have a specially important function in the animal economy, as the middle vein of the right arm.
- noun Basilica.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
My dear father, said she, it is an apple, upon which is written the name of our lord and master the caliph; our slave Rihan [Footnote: This word signifies, in Arabic, basilic, an odoriferous plant; and the Arabians call their slaves by this name, as the custom in France is to give the name of jessamin to
Magnificats of Carpentrasso and Morales, as well as the _Te Deum_ and _Lumen ad revelutionem gentium_ of Costanzo Festa.] [Footnote 128: This basilic, which is the cathedral of the bishop of
That this bull be published, and posted on the gate of the basilic of the Prince of the Apostles, and on that of St. John of
– Caramelle à la ricotta, au basilic et aux olives noires
Caramelle à la ricotta, au basilic et aux olives noires serves 4
– Caramelle à la ricotta, au basilic et aux olives noires home - about - press - recipes - archives - portfolio - shoppe - contact
Caramelle à la ricotta, au basilic et aux olives noires
He is met, before he enters their college, by the minor penitentiaries, who at this basilic are
After a short prayer, he proceeds to the library, where he holds the _Segnatura_ or tribunal for signing documents relating to his office, and afterwards enters the basilic of
In this basilic the B. Sacrament is preserved amid many lights in the