from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of beard.
- adj. having a beard
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a beard.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a beard.
- In heraldry: Same as barbed, 3. Having a train like that of a comet or meteor (which see).
- In entom.: Having a tuft of hairs on the clypeus, overhanging the mouth. Covered on one side with short and thickly set hairs: said of antennæ.
- In botany: Awned; especially, having long stout awns, as bearded wheat.
- Having a special growth of hairs on certain organs, as on the inside of the corolla in many flowers, for example, those of Pentstemon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a growth of hairlike awns
- adj. having hair on the cheeks and chin
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I'm going to guess 9 and 10 but only because I recognize a couple of them as being said by a certain bearded french guy.
The fact that I traveled alone, with a last-minute ticket purchase, PLUS being bearded is what I believe qualified me for extra attention (apparently all terrorists have beards).
Just as Coons doesn't want to be known as a bearded Marxist, O'Donnell would rather not be known for witchcraft.
Therefore, when Leiby got lost he walked over to someone who, though unrecognizable as an individual would have been very familiar to him as a member of his community, in other words bearded and with a yarmulke or a hat.
The iguana has passed on—a large lizard known as a bearded dragon occupies its cage now.
Olly adds that, "arguably, West Germany's Paul Breitner could be described as bearded in 1974 too," but despite an impressive 'tache/sideburns combo, we're not letting' Der Afro 'into the select band.
“Hey, where are you going, shade?” called a bearded man with wings attached to his shoulders.
"Need to cast off, trader!" calls the bearded riverman.
The men, described as bearded by the state news agency, were stopped in their car at a checkpoint and then opened fire with assault rifles, before fleeing into a nearby olive orchard, according to Radio Mosaique FM.
The men, described as bearded by the state news agency, were stopped in their car at a checkpoint Wednesday and then opened fire with assault rifles, before fleeing into a nearby olive orchard, according to Radio Mosaique FM.