from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Resembling or similar to a bear in appearance or manner.
- adjective Causing, expecting, or characterized by falling prices or declining economic conditions.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Partaking of the qualities of a bear; morose or uncouth in manner.
- Heavy and falling: applied on the stock-exchange to prices.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Partaking of the qualities of a bear; resembling a bear in temper or manners.
- adjective (Stock market) Fearful of or anticipating falling prices, as in the stock market.
- adjective (Stock market) Tending to cause prices to fall.
- adjective Pessimistic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Resembling or likened to a bear, typically in being
rough, surly, or clumsy.
- adjective stock market Characterized by falling
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective expecting prices to fall
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
bear + -ish
Sorry, no example sentences found.