from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Of or indicating direction.
- adjective Electronics Capable of receiving or sending signals in one direction only.
- adjective Relating to guidance in effort, behavior, or thought.
- noun A directional signal.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Pertaining or relating to direction.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective of or pertaining to direction (definition 2).
- adjective serving to indicate direction.
- adjective (Radio) transmitting radio signals in a specific direction, or receiving signals only from a narrow angle of directions, thus serving to indicate the direction from which radio signals are coming. Used of antennas.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Indicating
- adjective Of or relating to
- noun Something that indicates direction, such as a turn signal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective relating to direction toward a (nonspatial) goal
- adjective relating to or indicating directions in space
- adjective showing the way by conducting or leading; imposing direction on
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
direction + -al
Sorry, no example sentences found.