from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Of, relating to, or used in a diagnosis.
- adjective Serving to identify a particular disease; characteristic.
- noun The art or practice of medical diagnosis.
- noun A symptom or a distinguishing feature serving as supporting evidence in a diagnosis.
- noun An instrument or technique used in medical diagnosis.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Of or pertaining to diagnosis; determining a diagnosis; indicating the nature; constituting a ground of discrimination.
- noun In pathology, a symptom of value in diagnosis.
- noun In zoology and botany, a term or phrase which constitutes a diagnosis; a definition or characterization.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The mark or symptom by which one disease is known or distinguished from others.
- adjective Pertaining to, or furnishing, a diagnosis; indicating the nature of a disease.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective of, or relating to
characteristicof a particular disease
- noun a
techniqueetc. used in medical diagnosis
- noun computing Any
toolor techniqueused to find the root of a problem
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective characteristic or indicative of a disease
- adjective concerned with diagnosis; used for furthering diagnosis
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Greek diagnōstikos, able to distinguish, from diagnōstos, distinguished, from diagignōskein, to distinguish; see diagnosis.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.