from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, suitable for, or reaching long distances: long-range missiles.
- adj. Requiring or involving an extended span of time: long-range planning.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Capable of operating over a great distance.
- adj. Involving a great period of time.
- adj. travelling over a long distance
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. involving an extended span of time; -- of plans, goals, or predictions.
- adj. suitable for or reaching long distances.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a long range; capable of hitting at a long distance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. involving an extended span of time
- adj. suitable for or reaching long distances
Sorry, no etymologies found.
North Korean state media had used the term "lodestar" in reference to Kim Jong Il, as well as for the name of long-range rockets the country tested in 1998 and 2009, the NYT reports.
It's also the name of long-range rockets North Korea tested in 1998 and 2009.
The unfamiliar tones of classical music can disperse loiterers, while big sound-blasters, known as "long-range acoustic devices" LRADS, have been deployed against protesters in some American states.
Given current long-range forecasts for a colder-than-normal winter for much of the nation's northern states, profit could remain hot, too.
It's the short-term thinking that recently brought down the financial system and how that same lack of vision prevents long-range environmental solution planning.
Ms. Luckman's departure is part of long-range plan that she developed before overseeing the company's search and transition to its new artistic director, Robert Battle.
Asking Australia and Japan to conduct more long-range sea and air patrols could alleviate the pressure on U.S. forces to keep up their presence.
The Pentagon will commit to global strike platforms, including a new long-range bomber.
Air India is among the first to get delivery of the long-range Dreamliner that Boeing says is its most fuel-efficient airliner.
We are not at war - or even a Cold War - with either Russia or China and China, in any case, has only about 20 long-range missiles that can reach the United States.