from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun One of the popularly elected legislative assemblies that were created after the Russian Revolution (1917) and existed at local, regional, and national levels in the former Soviet Union.
- noun A native or inhabitant of the former Soviet Union.
- adjective Of or relating to a soviet.
- adjective Of or relating to the former Soviet Union.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A form of governing
councilin the former Soviet Union.
- noun The main form of communist
governmentat all levels in the Soviet Unionimposed in the bolshevikOctober Revolution in the former imperial Russia.
- adjective Pertaining to or resembling a soviet (council).
- adjective Relating to the ideology, culture or politics of the
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective of or relating to or characteristic of the former Soviet Union or its people
- noun an elected governmental council in a communist country (especially one that is a member of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics)
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Watanabex says: in soviet mexico, return of the jedi is called the revenge of the jedi so we be better than you although last night at soccer we tied at 2 -2
Watanabex says: in soviet russia evolution dont believe in you!
Watanabex says: in soviet russia the smurfs were snorks too
Watanabex says: in soviet russia Burr Steers uses Lenin as a hand puppet to teach the childrens the evilness of capitalizm
Nominus says: in soviet russia, the roflcopter laughs at you?
Duranty claimed the Siberian labor camps were a means of giving individuals a chance to re-join soviet society but also said that for those who could not accept the system, "the final fate of such enemies is death.".
The word soviet from the Soviet Union, means 'workers council'.
Well I see so many americans are getting excited to get promised handouts from bo, you are so entilted and have rights to get it all now, just extend a hand and goverment will give it to you just as it was done in soviet union poland czekoslovakia, korea and so on. politics of envy never produced anything good, just look at soviet block or read some history books. they had free healthcare, nationalized banks, industry and farming but ofcourse this is america and nothing like that can happen here, right? wrong just wait and see jh
The classical anarchist thinkers, envisaging the future organisation of society, thought in terms of two kinds of social institution: as the territorial unit, the commune, a French word which you might consider as the equivalent of the word 'parish' or the Russian word 'soviet' in its original meaning, but which also has overtones of the ancient village institutions for cultivating the land in common; and the syndicate, another French word from trade union terminology, the syndicate or workers 'council as the unit of industrial organisation.
I can’t imagine a rightwing-nut borderline racist pysco NOT taking the oppertunity to tell us poor Canadians in soviet Canuckistan how to live given the chance!