from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make or become beautiful.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make beautiful, or to increase the beauty of.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make or render beautiful; to add beauty to; to adorn; to deck; to grace; to embellish.
- intransitive v. To become beautiful; to advance in beauty.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make or render beautiful; adorn; deck; grace; decorate; embellish.
- Synonyms Adorn, Ornament, etc. See adorn and decorate.
- To become beautiful; advance in beauty.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. be beautiful to look at
- v. make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.
- v. make more beautiful
Sorry, no etymologies found.
a fresh MBA starts in six figures. (median package for Wharton grads is 145K$) I suspect that they assume ulterior motives because they have no other explanation. oracle says: term beautify
May 29, 2009 7: 16 PM how do you "beautify" a radio tower?
Holes dug ubiquitously in an effort to "beautify" the Indian capital – millions of pot plants were to be planted – have contributed to an outbreak of dengue fever.
The idea, says Shih, was to "beautify" dictatorship.
Then I switch to the computer where I edit and "beautify" what I had written until I'm happy with it.
President Robert Mugabe's government, then - as it has now - wanted to "beautify" the city - although this time around it says the controversial demolitions campaign is also aimed at ridding cities of crime and giving people a chance to lead better lives.
All the tricks you would need to "beautify" a struts-config document are embodied in this one.
Her sphere is within the household, which she should "beautify," and of which she should be the "chief ornament."
S Africa unleashes gangs to 'beautify' World Cup venues
"There is no firm commitment to investigate the many specific allegations in the media, such as Gauteng Premier Nomvula Mokonyane's decision to award a R30m rand tender to 'beautify' the highway leading to OR Tambo Airport without going through a proper tender process," he said.