from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The rank of expert in a martial art such as judo or karate.
- noun The black sash that symbolizes this rank of proficiency.
- noun A person who has attained this rank.
- noun A region of rich, black soil.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Martial arts) a comedy that treats of morbid, tragic, gloomy, or grotesque situations as a major element of the plot.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The highest belt colour in various
- noun Someone who has attained a black belt
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a person who attained the rank of expert in the martial arts (judo or karate)
- noun a black sash worn to show expert standards in the martial arts (judo or karate)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.