from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The rank of expert in a martial art such as judo or karate.
- noun The black sash that symbolizes this rank of proficiency.
- noun A person who has attained this rank.
- noun A region of rich, black soil.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Martial arts) a comedy that treats of morbid, tragic, gloomy, or grotesque situations as a major element of the plot.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The highest belt colour in various
- noun Someone who has attained a black belt
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a person who attained the rank of expert in the martial arts (judo or karate)
- noun a black sash worn to show expert standards in the martial arts (judo or karate)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.