from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An elastic tubular channel, such as an artery, a vein, or a capillary, through which the blood circulates.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Any vessel in which blood circulates in an animal body, whether artery, vein, or capillary.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- (Anat.) Any vessel or canal in which blood circulates in an animal, as an artery or vein.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun anatomy A component of the circulatory system, such as an
artery, capillary, or vein, that carries blood.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a vessel in which blood circulates
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.