from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The temperature at which a liquid boils at a fixed pressure, especially under standard atmospheric conditions.
- noun The temperature at which the vapor pressure of a liquid is equal to the ambient atmospheric pressure.
- noun The point at which one loses one's temper.
- noun The point of crisis; the turning point.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The temperature at which a liquid is converted into vapor with ebullition; more strictly, the temperature at which the tension of the vapor is equal to the pressure of the atmosphere.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun physics The
temperatureat which a liquid boils, with the vapor pressureequal to the given external pressure.
- noun idiomatic The state of being
heated, with high aggression.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the temperature at which a liquid boils at sea level
- noun being highly angry or excited; ready to boil over
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.