from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Being in a fresh and unused condition; completely new.
from The Century Dictionary.
- New as a brand, that is, glowing like metal newly out of the fire or forge; hence, quite new; fire-new.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Quite new; bright as if fresh from the forge.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Alternative form of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective conspicuously new
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.