from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The point at which physical, mental, or emotional strength gives way under stress.
- noun The point at which a condition or situation becomes critical.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun mechanics The point at which the increasing
strainin a material causes it to break
- noun figuratively A moment of
crisis, particulary one precipitated by a " last straw"
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun (psychology) stress at which a person breaks down or a situation becomes crucial
- noun the degree of tension or stress at which something breaks
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.