from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The point at which physical, mental, or emotional strength gives way under stress.
- n. The point at which a condition or situation becomes critical.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The point at which the increasing strain in a material causes it to break
- n. A moment of crisis, particulary one precipitated by a "last straw"
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (psychology) stress at which a person breaks down or a situation becomes crucial
- n. the degree of tension or stress at which something breaks
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.