from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The brother of one's spouse.
- noun The husband of one's sibling.
- noun The husband of the sibling of one's spouse.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The brother of one's husband or wife; also, one's sister's husband.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The brother of one's husband or wife; also, the husband of one's sister; sometimes, the husband of one's wife's sister.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A male relative of one's generation, separated by one degree of marriage:
- noun uncommon
Co-brother-in-law: A male relative of one's generation, separated by two degrees of marriage:
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a brother by marriage
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.