from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb intransitive To dissipate as the result of heat.
- verb transitive To cause to dissipate by applying heat.
- verb transitive, intransitive, oil To dispose of unusable explosive natural gas from an oil well by burning it as it emerges from the well.
- verb transitive, intransitive, television To fill low value air time with programming not suitable for its original purpose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb use up (energy)
- verb clear land of its vegetation by burning it off
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.