from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An engraved card bearing one's full name. Also called visiting card.
- n. A distinguishing characteristic or behavior.
- n. See phone card.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small printed card which identifies the bearer, traditionally presented for introduction when making a social visit to a home or when attending a formal social event or business meeting.
- n. An attribute, object, or behavior which is distinctly characteristic of someone or something.
- n. Excrement, especially of a domestic animal.
- n. A prepaid card or credit card, usually electronically readable, used to pay the charges when making a telephone call.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a card that is used instead of cash to make telephone calls
- n. a printed or written greeting that is left to indicate that you have visited
- n. a distinguishing characteristic or behavior
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.