from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A civilian who follows a military unit from place to place, especially as a vendor of supplies or as a prostitute.
- n. One who follows but does not belong to a main body or group.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A civilian who works for a military organization, often a prostitute.
- n. A hanger-on.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a civilian accompanying an army, as a sutler, servant, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who follows a camp or an army without being officially connected with it, as a sutler, washerwoman, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a prostitute who provides service to military personnel
- n. a follower who is not a member of an ingroup
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.