from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A holder with a cup or spike for a candle.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. a holder with a socket or spike for a candle

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. An instrument or utensil for supporting a candle.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. An instrument or utensil for holding a candle.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a holder with sockets for candles


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.