from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun One that dwells in a cave, especially a prehistoric human.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun One who dwells in a cave; a troglodyte; specifically, a member of the prehistoric race of men who dwelt in natural caves, subsisting on shell-fish and wild animals.
- noun pl. [capitalized] A name given to the Bohemian Brethren (which see, under
Bohemian), because they hid in caves to escape persecution.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun politically correct Prehistoric human who lived in caves, a
- noun figuratively, pejorative One who behaves like a
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun someone who lives in a cave
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.