from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of caiman.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of caiman.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The south America alligator. See alligator.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name applied popularly to the alligators of the West Indies and South America, but properly only to Crocodilus or Caiman palpebrosus and C. trigonatus (Cuvier). See alligator.
- n. A gobioid fish, Dormitator maculatus, found in great abundance on both coasts of America.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a semiaquatic reptile of Central and South America that resembles an alligator but has a more heavily armored belly
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The second night's attempt upon the cayman was a repetition of the first, quite unsuccessful.
The animal called the cayman, at Batabano, died on the way, and was not brought to us, so that we could make no comparison of the two species.
On mud banks we saw the crocodile, "cayman" they call it.
"cayman" of the Spanish Americans; there is the spectacled alligator, a southern species, so called from a pair of rings around its eyes having
Five Things To Do In Honolulu carbbean, caribbean vacation spots, family vacation spots, vacation curacao, vacation grand cayman, vacation jamaica, vacation punta cana, vacation turks and caicos
The cayman, living in captivity in the oppressive fug of Peter's apartment, is tiny, just half the size of Margaux's arm.
One of these pets is a cayman, "part alligator, part crocodile".
People know that the top 1% is lawyered up, and working the system with swiss bank and cayman island accounts.
Cheney sat back and chewed the events of the day, much as a hooded-eyed cayman chews tapirs he's dragged from the Amazon River.
I guess we'll see what choices are made if/when the "fight of [Edwards '] life" necessitates him dipping into his cayman island hedge fund earnings to sustain a losing campaign.