from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A building in which the chapter of a church or religious residence assembles.
- n. A house in which a chapter of a fraternity or sorority lives and holds its meetings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A building attached to a cathedral, church, or monastery and used as a meeting place.
- n. A building used by a sorority or fraternity as a residence or meeting place.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a house or room where a chapter meets, esp. a cathedral chapter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A building attached to a cathedral or religious house in which the chapter meets for the transaction of business.
- n. The house or building which a chapter of a college fraternity uses as a club-house.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a building attached to a monastery or cathedral; used as a meeting place for the chapter
- n. a house used as a residence by a chapter of a fraternity
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.