from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A building in which the chapter of a church or religious residence assembles.
- noun A house in which a chapter of a fraternity or sorority lives and holds its meetings.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A building attached to a cathedral or religious house in which the chapter meets for the transaction of business.
- noun The house or building which a chapter of a college fraternity uses as a club-house.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
buildingattached to a cathedral, church, or monasteryand used as a meetingplace.
- noun A building used by a
sororityor fraternityas a residenceor meeting place.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a building attached to a monastery or cathedral; used as a meeting place for the chapter
- noun a house used as a residence by a chapter of a fraternity
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.