from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A group that contains 1,000 elements.
- noun One thousand years; a millennium.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A thousand; the numbers from one multiple of a thousand to the next.
- noun Specifically The period of a thousand years.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A thousand; the aggregate of a thousand things; especially, a period of a thousand years.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun a group of 1000 things
- noun a period of 1000 years; a
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
During these conferences the alteration proposed by Briggs was agreed upon; and on his return from his second visit to Edinburgh in 1617 he accordingly published the first chiliad of his logarithms.
The subject rose into importance again at the approaching close of the first chiliad of Christianity, but soon died away as the excitement of that ominous epoch passed with equal disappointment to the hopes and the fears of the believers.
African kingdom of Nimrod, which cannot be placed later than in the seventh chiliad.
“The Divine institution of a sabbatical, or seventh year’s solemnity among the Jews, has a plain typical reference to the seventh chiliad, or millenary of the world, according to the well known tradition among the