from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A chiliarch; the commander or chief of a thousand men.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Chili.
- n. The commander or chief of a thousand men.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Chili or to its inhabitants: as, a Chilian manufacture.
- n. An inhabitant or a native of Chili, a South American republic lying between the Pacific ocean and the watershed of the Andes, and west of the Argentine Republic.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I think the most memorable thing for me would be the chilian miners ordeal.
Plus, this week, the nephew was staying at his grandmother’s house, along with two “cousins” (actually the grandmother’s brother’s daughters, who are 12 and 10), and their mom is chilian and called her daughters, speaking in spanish (on the speaker phone, apparently).