from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A party that makes a claim.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who claims; one who makes a claim.
- n. A person receiving money from the government, in a form of unemployment benefits, disability benefits or similar.
- n. The party who initiates a lawsuit before a court.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who claims; one who asserts a right or title; a claimer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person who claims; one who demands anything as his right.
- n. In admiralty proceedings, a person admitted to defend an action in rem brought against goods to which he claims a right.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who claims a benefit or right or title
In the next paragraph, the m in claimant is italicised.
I say all this to announce openly that if a real claimant is out there somewhere on the planet -- someone with a real stake in these, some publisher or individual who believes they should be locked up for another few decades, and I don't mean some copyright troll making trouble -- please let me know and I'll take them down.
Irrigation, another major energy claimant, is requiring more energy worldwide as water tables fall.
Section 11 plainly requires that the claim state the total sum claimant is seeking.
If the claimant is entitled to an award, that compensation is reduced by any collateral source compensation the claimant may have received (this includes life insurance, pension funds, death benefit programs, and payments made by federal, state or local governments).
If the claimant is being targetted for persecution then it does not matter that other groups are also being targetted.
The highest premium - £14,000 - would only be paid to a firm who has moved a long term claimant into work, as long as they have stayed there for at least two years.
A native title claimant fighting plans to build the LNG precinct says he is confident a meeting organised to settle a dispute between
Roe says he will be assembling the entire native title claimant group tomorrow to convince them the court action is needed. firstly, and other people, to let them know what's really going on.
The X-Cel stable also features former two-time super middleweight title claimant Byron