from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb transitive To make an area or a thing
clean; to pick up a mess; to tidy.
- verb intransitive, idiomatic, colloquial To become
clean, handsome, smartin appearance, e.g.for a special occasion, especially when it is out of characterto be seen as such.
- verb intransitive, idiomatic To make a large
profit; to win by a large margin, or to win a large amount, especially in gambling. Also clean house.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb put (things or places) in order
- verb make a big profit; often in a short period of time
- verb dispose of
- verb make oneself clean, presentable or neat
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.