from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having sharp, clear vision.
- adj. Perceptive; discerning.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having sharp vision.
- adj. Acutely perceptive or discerning; perspicacious.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Seeing with clearness; acutely perceptive, discerning.
- adj. having sharp clear vision.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having clear or acute vision; hence, having acuteness of mental discernment; discerning; perspicacious; judicious: as, clear-sighted reason; a clear-sighted judge.
- Specifically, clairvoyant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having sharp clear vision
- adj. mentally acute or penetratingly discerning
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Throughout The Cookbook Collector Goodman shows herself to be a clear-sighted observer who doesn't flinch from depicting her characters' blindspots and failings.
Easily the foremost contemporary survey of "collapsing" Pakistan, Lieven's book also contains some of the most clear-sighted accounts of "rising" India.
Usually Steve Benen is to my mind one of the most clear-sighted observers of the DC scene.
To David Black, my agent, I am tremendously grateful for both his convivial encouragement and his clear-sighted direction.
That is not clear-sighted policy, and it is not helpful.
He had a remarkably clear-sighted view of the drawbacks of the land-based elements of the architecture—one that transcended Navy parochialism.
As Ross Perlin puts it in this timely and clear-sighted book, the first on the internship boom, "In much of the developed world, the subtle, relentless pressure to do an internship is now simply part of being young."
Even so, Germany can't be faulted for its clear-sighted analysis of the euro's failings and what must be done to eliminate them.
The clans of Tokyo's underworld have moved beyond certain rituals of an earlier era, even though they cling to a classic thuggery that involves crime families, turf wars and loyalty that's blind until it turns into clear-sighted treachery.
Miss Mackenzie is a wonderful creation; clear-sighted enough to recognize (with sorrow and indignity) when people are out to abuse her, yet quietly passionate about her right to be loved for herself.