from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or showing penetrating mental discernment; clear-sighted. See Synonyms at shrewd.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of acute discernment; having keen insight; mentally perceptive.
- adj. Able to physically see clearly; quick-sighted; sharp-sighted.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the power of seeing clearly; quick-sighted; sharp of sight.
- adj. Fig.: Of acute discernment; keen.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Quick-sighted; sharp of sight.
- Of acute discernment.
- Synonyms Acute, shrewd, clear-sighted, sharp-witted. See astute.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. acutely insightful and wise
- adj. mentally acute or penetratingly discerning
Regardless of the fact that you don't know what the word perspicacious means, you continue to amaze me.
Martin also squeezes the word "perspicacious" into his first paragraph, and drops the dime "pleonastic" later on.
Anyone who proselytises on behalf of the enemy in a time of war can hardly be described as 'perspicacious' regardless of their race or religion (or lack thereof).
I ain't got much on them elocution skillz, but I gots it on the spellin' front: "perspicacious" ;
Apparently my perspective is 'perspicacious'. pftp wrote: I don't have heated rhetoric, nor am I necessarily denying AGW, I have a deep distrust of people from your side of the coin.
David Colander is always very pungent and perspicacious in his observations about economic grad education.
It surely has not escaped the attention of a person as perspicacious as yourself that many prominent historians have a leftist agenda, just as a righteous few have a rightist agenda.
They come from a perspicacious trio, three winemakers who prioritize site selection.
And it was Jacob and the perspicacious Bernie Goodman who suggested the idea for The Secret History Of Science Fiction; the book is due out next month.
Weinstein introduced Ackman as a perspicacious investor, which he is, generally.