from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A hat with the brim turned up in two or three places, especially a three-cornered hat; a tricorn.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hat with the brim turned up to form two or three points; a bicorn or tricorn
- n. The triangular space formed by the intersection of the position lines on a chart determined by plotting three bearings; the approximate position of the ship
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. A game similar to ninepins, except that only three pins are used, which are set up at the angles of a triangle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A variety of the game of bowls in which but three pins, placed at the angles of a triangle, are used.
- n. A note folded into a three-cornered shape.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. hat with opposing brims turned up and caught together to form points
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.