from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that constricts, as a muscle that contracts or compresses a part or organ of the body.
- n. Any of various snakes, such as the python or boa, that tightly coil around and asphyxiate their prey.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That which constricts or tightens.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That which constricts, draws together, or contracts.
- n. A muscle which contracts or closes an orifice, or which compresses an organ; a sphincter.
- n. A serpent that kills its prey by inclosing and crushing it with its folds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That which constricts, contracts, or draws together; specifically, in anatomy, a muscle which draws parts together, or closes an opening; a sphincter: as, the constrictor of the esophagus.
- n. A large serpent which envelops and crushes its prey in its folds: as, the boa-constrictor. See boa.
- n. The technical specific name of the common black-snake of North America, Bascanion constrictor. See cut under black-snake.
- Acting as a constrictor; constricting: as, a constrictor muscle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various large nonvenomous snakes that kill their prey by crushing it in its coils
For those with both problems, a boa constrictor is activated.
Back home, boa constrictor is one of the meats put on the dinner table, and there is not much in the way of late-night television.
Burnham sees the trend and assumes that it is irresistible, rather as a rabbit fascinated by a boa constrictor might assume that a boa constrictor is the strongest thing in the world.
We just wanted to decorate it a little differently, he said during Monday night's ceremony at the Waldorf-Astoria hotel in Manhattan, wearing a blood-splattered shirt and a boa constrictor.
I love the one about being eaten by a boa constrictor, but how about “A Boy Named Sue”?
They share the land with intimidating creatures like the bull snake above—a constrictor that can grow as long as 8 feet—and other fauna best avoided by the faint-hearted.
I think the boa constrictor in III's home office has some relevance though I'm not sure what.
That, I presume, would be for the boa constrictor?
This lovely Health Care bill reminds me of the classic Tarzanmovie with the quicksand trap and boa constrictor.
You can also enjoy a boa constrictor throttling and ingesting its furry prey like Denise Welch meeting one of One Direction.