from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something that anticipates, predicts or foretells.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who predicts; a foreteller.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who predicts or foretells; one who prophesies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who makes predictions of the future (usually on the basis of special knowledge)
- n. a computer for controlling antiaircraft fire that computes the position of an aircraft at the instant of a shell's arrival
- n. information that supports a probabilistic estimate of future events
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Now let's turn to the second element, unit labor costs, which I also see as a good short-term predictor of inflation.
It is also used as a short-term predictor of investor behavior.
Or Facilitate It. TechCrunch on Marketwatch who are adding digg like functionality to stock codes, neat: The predictor is a small widget included on every stock listing page (example).
Darcy Burner's main predictor of success as a Congresswoman lies in her brief presidency of the Ames Lake Community Club.
This analysis shows a renormalization of price dividend ratios which have been shown to be the best long-term predictor of, overall market performance.
You can tap the small Abc button at the bottom-right corner of the screen to switch between several different modes, such as all caps, numbers, and symbols, as well as a word predictor keyboard that works rather well.
If bond traders feel free to sell then there is no better long term predictor of a Fed rate increase.
a phonetic spell checker, a word predictor, a speaking dictionary and a scanning facility.
The caveat in von Storch 1999 about re-scaling is that it is not a given that blowing up the variance of a predictor is a "correct" method of matching variance of a predictor to the variance of a target.
The predictor is a small widget included on every stock listing page (example).