from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A person highly distinguished in a field, especially a master chef.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- a first-rate cook, or one worthy to be the cook of the cordons bleus, or Knights of the Holy Ghost, a distinguished order of French knights, famous for their good dinners.
- the blue ribbon worn by the Knights of the Holy Ghost.
- a person of high distinction.
- (Cookery) a dish prepared with thin slices of meat separated by layers of ham and cheese, and then sauteed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A skillful
- noun An
awardgiven to such chefs.
- noun US Thin slices of
veal, hamand cheese breadedand sautéed; somewhat like a wiener schnitzel, or Viennese cutlet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an honor or award gained for excellence
- noun a chef famous for his great skill
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[French : cordon, ribbon + bleu, blue.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
French "blue ribbon"
Sorry, no example sentences found.