from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who gives expert or professional advice.
- n. One who consults another.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a person or party that is consulted.
- n. a person whose occupation is to be consulted for their expertise, advice, or help in an area or specialty. Alternatively, a party whose business is to be similarly consulted.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an expert who gives advice.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A physician who is called in by the attending physician to give counsel in a case.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an expert who gives advice
The title consultant brings with it an expectation of certain skills and expertise.
Q: And I guess, just to go back in time then, I want to just try to understand a little bit the transition from having the title consultant to becoming CEO.
The site was a soulless place, where the word "consultant" was written on our ID cards instead of journalist, and instead of working for the Sunday Times we now worked for "Tower Hamlets Plant".
The truth is, the entry barrier to becoming a technology or an investment consultant is reasonably high.
The entry barrier to becoming a digital/social media consultant is very low, on the other hand.
Crispian Jago, an IT consultant, is hoping the experience will enrich his two children.
I want to apply for an FM3 (currently on an FMT) and have just moved from Guanajuato, GTO to Colima, Col. I've heard so many varying opinions on obtaining an FM3 and whether a consultant is needed or not, I thought I ask you.
You have to realize that the consultant is computing a z-score for the difference in averages.
Others may discover that with some adjustments, being a make-up artist, dog trainer, yoga instructor or a U. S.-based IT consultant is their ideal vocation.
Marine Reserve officer and a business consultant from the Boston suburb of Brookline.