from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A loose-fitting one-piece work garment worn to protect clothes. Often used in the plural.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A loose-fitting protective garment worn over other clothing.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. a loose-fitting one-piece garment that is worn over other clothing, especially one with trouser-like pants legs.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a loose-fitting protective garment that is worn over other clothing


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.