from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The smallest mass of a fissionable material that will sustain a nuclear chain reaction at a constant level.
- noun The total mass of matter needed to generate sufficient gravitational force to halt the current expansion of the universe.
- noun An amount or level needed for a specific result or new action to occur.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun physics the amount of
fissile materialthat is needed to supporta self-sustaining nuclear chain reaction
- noun A quantity or amount required to trigger a
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the minimum mass of fissionable material that can sustain a chain reaction
- noun the minimum amount (of something) required to start or maintain a venture
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.