from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A globe of quartz crystal or glass in which images, especially those believed to portend the future, are supposedly visible to fortune tellers.
- n. A vehicle or technique for making predictions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A globe of glass or crystal used to foretell the future.
- n. A way of seeing into the future.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a glass or crystal globe used in crystal gazing by fortunetellers
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.