from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A wall or shelf clock that announces intervals of time with a sound imitative of a cuckoo's call and often with the simultaneous emergence of a mechanical bird from a small door.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A clock that announces the time by a cuckoo sound, often equipped with a mechanical cuckoo.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a clock so constructed that at the time for striking it gives forth sounds resembling the cry of the cuckoo.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A clock in winch a mechanical cuckoo announces the hours: originally made in the Black Forest or in Switzerland and known as Black Forest clock.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. clock that announces the hours with a sound like the call of the cuckoo
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.