from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various primitive eellike vertebrates of the class Agnatha, such as a lamprey, lacking jaws and true teeth and having a circular, sucking mouth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various primitive jawless fish of the class Cyclostomata, such as the lamprey or hagfish.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to the Cyclostomi.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as cyclostomous.
- n. A fish of the order Cyclostomi; a marsipobranch; a monorhine; a lamprey or hag.
- n. A gastropod of the family Cyclostomidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. primitive aquatic vertebrate
From New Latin Cyclostomī and Cyclostomata, class names : cyclo- + Greek stoma, stomat-, mouth.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
French cyclostome, from Ancient Greek κύκλος (kyklos, "circle") + στόμα (stoma, "mouth"). (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.