from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of various fishes lacking jaws and true teeth and having a circular sucking mouth, including the hagfishes and the lampreys.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Same as
- noun A fish of the order Cyclostomi; a marsipobranch; a monorhine; a lamprey or hag.
- noun A gastropod of the family Cyclostomidæ.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Zoöl.) Pertaining to the Cyclostomi.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Any of various
primitive jawless fishof the class Cyclostomata, such as the lampreyor hagfish.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun primitive aquatic vertebrate
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[From New Latin Cyclostomī and Cyclostomata, class names : cyclo– + Greek stoma, stomat-, mouth.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
French cyclostome, from Ancient Greek κύκλος (kyklos, "circle") + στόμα (stoma, "mouth").
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.