from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The conclusion or resolution of a plot.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The unraveling or discovery of a plot; the catastrophe, especially of a drama or a romance.
- n. The solution of a mystery; issue; outcome.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The solution of a mystery; the winding up or catastrophe of a plot, as of a novel, drama, etc.; the issue, as of any course of conduct; the event.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the outcome of a complex sequence of events
- n. the final resolution of the main complication of a literary or dramatic work
Borrowing from French dénouement. (Wiktionary)