from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The solution of a mystery; the winding up or catastrophe of a plot, as of a novel, drama, etc.; the issue, as of any course of conduct; the event.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The unraveling or discovery of a plot; the catastrophe, especially of a drama or a romance.
- noun The solution of a mystery; issue; outcome.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The
conclusionor resolutionof a plot.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the outcome of a complex sequence of events
- noun the final resolution of the main complication of a literary or dramatic work
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Borrowing from French dénouement.
Sorry, no example sentences found.